This position exists to reach 11-19 year olds with the Gospel through authentic Christ-sharing relationships by leading Campus Life ministry within the local community. This includes casting vision, implementing strategies, establishing fruitful and sustainable ministry while maintaining YFC USA’s policies for compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Five Essentials for Fruitful & Sustainable Ministry
- Widespread Prayer: Deliberately engage lots of Christians to intercede on behalf of the ministry site.
- Loving Relationships: Consistently pursue lost kids & engage them in lifelong relationships with Jesus using relational ministry actions (RMAS).
- Faithful Bible Teaching: Accurately handle Biblical truth & regularly coach kids to apply it in their lives.
- Collaborative Community Strategy: Intentionally work together with local churches, agencies, & other partners to provide sustainable youth & family ministry.
- Adults Who Empower (AWE): Strategically develop leaders to reach young people from every people group.
Direct Ministry with Students
- Lead a team of volunteers to develop authentic Christ-sharing relationships with young people through YFC’s Relational Ministry Actions (RMA) Framework:
- Contacting: meet new students, learn names & develop relationships through weekly school involvement, as well as other places where students gather
- Building times: spend time in shared experiences with students to build new relationships and grow existing ones
- Appointments: meet with students to focus on their individual needs
- Small groups: meet with several students to have an interactive discussion about relevant topics & connect them to God’s truth
- Core: develop a team of Christian leaders who together, follow Jesus in a way that naturally invites friends to discover Jesus with them
- Club: create community with a welcoming, high energy, large group meeting designed to help lost people discover who Jesus is by connecting relevant topics to scripture
- Participate in trips and events
Direct Ministry with Volunteer Ministry Leaders
- Recruit, train and empower a team of volunteer ministry leaders to carry out weekly ministry using the RMAs
- Meet weekly with at least one current or potential volunteer ministry leader
- Plan & prepare for club, meetings, events, etc.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, trip & event planning meetings & meetings with supervisor as scheduled
- Complete weekly & monthly ministry reports
- Ensure that all ministry leaders complete & comply with annual training requirements
- Develop a community support team (CST) to join you in prayer, ministry, fundraising, & community relations
- Develop a strong relationship with the school system
- Develop relationships with pastors & youth workers to partner together in the mission
- Develop relationships & provide good communication & support with parents
- Conduct weekly appointments with like minded partners
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Youth ministry experience preferred
SKILLS/QUALITIES WE VALUE
- Passionate about seeing lost young teens find hope in Jesus
- Ability to coach, motivate, and lead teams of adults, volunteers, and student leaders
- Spirit of collaboration with like-minded partners (individuals, churches, businesses)
- High level of spiritual & emotional maturity
- Strong interpersonal communication & problem solving skills
- Teachable team player
- Motivated “self-starter”
- Ability to learn mission & relationship based fundraising techniques
Click here to see the full job description.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.